Chemistry is important, so don’t shrug it off in school!
Okay i have alot of objections with this post because its about as chemically accurate as a stuffed potato.
Lets start with the first one, firstly “soda” is a mixture of chemicals the most active would probably be carbonic acid. And Chlorine in its native form is diatomic and also a green gas at room temperature. that GIF is doesn’t really seem to be showing the reaction it claims AT ALL!
The second i have no qualms with but the third i have much to deride. Firstly its obvious that the reaction occurring here is quite the opposite of whats written. the Gif shows a bluish liquid with a reddish brown solid forming within it. if you know much about copper salts, you would know that their solutions are almost ALWAYS blue in colour. The reaction shown here is actually Copper sulphate reacting with iron, whats happening is the iron is displacing the copper forming an iron sulphate solution while the copper is solidifying into its distinct reddish brown colour. IRON HERE IS BEING OXIDIZED AND COPPER REDUCED NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND SINCE IRON IS MORE REACTIVE THAN COPPER!
Soap in milk… Chemistry? what is happening here is the soap molecules emulsifying the fat in the milk which is a chemical phenomenon that is actually quite interesting to research. I do not feel the urge to explain it here.
Mercury(II) thiocyanite and fire is no reaction. whats happening here is decomposition with heat where Hg(SCN)2 breaks down and reacts with atmospheric oxygen in several separate reactions in unison. With the lithium, ammonium dichromate and calcium reactions They are combusting in air, as in reacting with O2. Fire is not a chemical it is energy, released from/inducing combustion.
And the cuttle fish thing isn’t even chemistry at all, if anything its more of a biological phenomenon than anything.
story of your life, terra
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.This always wrecks me
This is real. And I don’t usually post things of such serious nature but, for some reason, I feel like some people need to see this.
Dog one kills me
you’ve got my eyes
you’ve got my eyes
you’ll never be mine
aaah but you’ve got my eyes
where can i find this friendzone i need some friends
5 Pointz Is Dead.
This is what whitewashing & gentrification does, erases complete histories and cultures.
RIP To A Cornerstone of Graff & Hip Hop Culture
this is depressing
literally whitewashing our fucking history.
that’s it. they took Queens.
Damn. Lo veo y no lo creo. Wow.
i’m pretty sure this was like the first thing in new york i saw when i got there, coming over from jfk on the train. and it was magical & totally bewildering and amazing and came out of nowhere because i had no idea it existed. and now it doesn’t?
I went there for the first time in August and now it’s gone. I loved passing while on the train. A great part of my city was erased.
but even when things die, they can be reborn anew.
only the will of the artists can bring 5POINTZ back from the dead.